Day trip to Anfield

BlueSpud

Can anyone tell me if I can do a day trip to Anfield, flying Ryanair. They have flights landing in LP at 9:00 and departing at 21:30. If I assume a 3:00 k.o., is it much hassle to get to Anfield from the Airport & back again. Is the Airport far away from the ground, can it be done by public transport?

Any pointers appreciated.

You can get a bus into Liverpool city centre outside the airport that will take about 45 min as it goes the long way round. Taxi will take 15min for about £12.

Taxi from centre to Anfield is also about 10-15 min and about £12. After the game, give yourself at least 20-25 min after the final whistle to get from your seat to about 1km from the ground with the rush. After the chaos has died down, you should pick up a taxi after walking for a bit.

Its possible to get to/from using public transport, but nothing is direct and it will take longer.

Have done it many a time! Taxi from the airport to Anfield, hang around in a few of the pubs after the game, then taxi back to the airport. Just be careful, ryanair flights normally get more expensive when the match dates are announced!! Check out here for alot of help

Back