Cuddler chairs - Argos

Audrey

Has anybody bought the (shown in latest catalogue)? We would like two 2-seater sofas, but have space limitations, and I thought that the cuddler chairs sounded ideal - being almost (but not quite) as large as small sofas. They are 161 cm wide (which I figure to be about 63") which seems huge for a chair (hence the description "cuddler chair") but smallish for a sofa. Anybody any experience of these types of chairs?

Yes we have one, they will fit two people - just about - so you wouldn't want to be complete strangers or averse to body contact! You'd almost get lost sitting in it on your own, which makes it very cosy.

I think you'll get the best out of it if you buy it instead of a one-seater (as we did), cos you get that little extra bit of luxury and comfort without taking up loads more space.

Not familar with this particular sofa but can vouch for the small two seater over an armchair. Much more comfortable...plus you can turn sideways on it and stick your legs up on the arm (if it's soft) which makes for very comfortable TV viewing.

But wouldn't the arm supporting your head go asleep or is that were cushions come in handy?

stobear said:
But wouldn't the arm supporting your head go asleep or is that were cushions come in handy?

Actually I tend to sit 'up' with my legs elevated on the far arm...sort of schooched into the seat if you like. Have always sat that way on sofas since I was a kid. Your legs do tend to go to sleep mind you.

You could buy this chair and rip out the two front seats in whatever car you decide to purchase and drive with your feet up. FAther bear got himself a new Focus Ghia with cruse control, he has no idea how to use it and wont venture up the M1 to test it out!!!!

Really enjoying these responses, and I'm definitely planning to try that new 'position'!!

Seriously though, to the person who already has one, the dimensions do seem HUGE to me - about 5 foot 3 inches wide!???? Does it not seem huge in the room??

It looks *huge* compared to a normal one-seater, but obviously it takes up less space than a two-seater. I think the exaggerated size adds a bit of character to the room! We have a 3&2 which are both the same style, and the "1.5"-seater which is a different model. Definitely adds character and definitely my favourite chair!

Thanks Vontrapp - and you got that from Argos?? As a matter of interest, which colour? Cream looks nice. Brown seems more practical! Decisions decisions!

The brown appeals more to me but, of course, depends on other decor. As the descriptions says "Removable and reversible back and seat cushions" either one should wear well. Looks nice :) Don't forget as others have mentioned here in the past they have a

Thanks everybody. To those who have one of these chairs (Vontrapp?) - can you elaborate about the "reversible and removable" aspects. When reversed, are the covers a different colour/pattern??? Or are they just reversible in order to wear better?

Hi Andrewa as far as I can make out, "removable and reversible" just means you can take out the cushions and flip them around (as you can with a lot of sofas). They're not reversible if you mean it in the "flip the cover inside out" sense.

Ah right ... I understand now. I think I'll go ahead and take the plunge. One last thing - is this chair so big that it really should be in a suitably big room? I'm in a small terraced house which is why, in fact, I wanted to get something smaller than a normal 2-seater sofa. Don't want the cuddler to look like it's taking over the room (which is about 16 x 13 feet).

That.... I honestly couldn't tell you. Like I said, ours looks big but IMO that adds to the room. Our room would be about 20x15 but it's not like the chair takes over. Hope this helps.

Back