CT - DSW - VOTE (what does this mean)?

shootingstar

Hi

Can anyone clarify what this means on bank statements (its a credit on the acc)? I know the DSW is Dept of Social Welfare.

Also it is a weekly payment. The amounts varies though can anyone shed some light on this for me please?

SS

CT = Credit Transfer?
I presume "VOTE" stands for some benefit/allowance payment scheme? Surely the account holder has an idea of what this might be?

Sorry i should have also said i was aware of the CT also. I dont really want to divulge any further info tbh... I just want to know what the VOTE means so i can download the necessary documentation to match it from the SW website.

Any ideas? And why would the amounts vary each week?

I'm not sure that the word VOTE in this context has any real meaning: i.e. it doesn't tell you what type of welfare payment that it is and therefore won't lead you to any documentation on the DSFA site.

Are you sure that the payment amount is changing every week? Just wondering because if you are merely comparing last week with other weeks, last week's payment may have been double due to the Christmas bonus (if applicable to the type of welfare payment) being received.

Hi Flymask.

There not recent transactions its going back a couple of months ago... The amounts have varied each week ranging between 32.00 to 54.00...!!! :confused:

Im sorry for being vague here.. Its just something im trying to sort out for someone and i dont want to get cruxified for it in here.

In the absence of further information, the only thing I can think of is that it might be unemployment benefit/assistance but where the number of days of unemployment varied from week to week. However, I would have thought that in a situation such as this, payment by credit transfer would be problematic.

VOTE probably means the fund that the money is being paid out from. SW benefits are paid from a VOTE (i.e. budget) given to them by the government. I have heard the phrase; "this year's vote is X million"

Last edited:
Sorry i should have also said i was aware of the CT also. I dont really want to divulge any further info tbh... I just want to know what the VOTE means so i can download the necessary documentation to match it from the SW website.

Any ideas? And why would the amounts vary each week?
Why not ask SW?

Although i don't know what the VOTE stands for i do know that its Family Income Supplement (FIS) payment.

I'm afraid not, its just that i recieve the payment. I have never seen any other SW payment called that but i don't understand why the amount varies weekly!?

well i can give a full explanation if you wish but i`ll be tortured for it...

Also i was going to ring SW but i though someone might know straight away in here what it was...

In the absence of further information, the only thing I can think of is that it might be unemployment benefit/assistance but where the number of days of unemployment varied from week to week. However, I would have thought that in a situation such as this, payment by credit transfer would be problematic.

well i can give a full explanation if you wish but i`ll be tortured for it...

I was referring to the top post CM.

Anyway, Im going to give SW a call this morning and try sort it from there... I just thought someone would know straight off which allowance it was...

Many thanks all... Ye werent one bit helpful ;)

I was referring to the top post CM.

Anyway, Im going to give SW a call this morning and try sort it from there... I just thought someone would know straight off which allowance it was...

Many thanks all... Ye werent one bit helpful ;)

I bet they won't be able to throw any more light on it! Soundds like a techy thing on CTs between govt depts and banks....not just SW.

CT - credit transfer.

DSW - department of social welfare.

VOTE - as welfarite said, just the name of the fund from which the credit transfer is coming - different departments have different numbered votes assigned to them.

VOTE probably means the fund that the money is being paid out from. SW benefits are paid from a VOTE (i.e. budget) given to them by the government. I have heard the phrase; "this year's vote is X million"

Does 'VOTE' stand for something ? I'm aware words can have different meanings in different contexts but have never heard the word used to describe a fund of money before and cant find any dictionary reference to it either.

Back