Credit Union Mortgage

susie1

i heard that credit unions (some) have started doing mortgages, does anyone know anymore about this. I rang my local cu and was told they don't do them but others may.

Hey there,

Yes some Credit Union offer mortgages. They are associated mainly with IIB Home Loans.

Refer to the following link to find out more

[broken link removed]

Hey there,

Yes some Credit Union offer mortgages. They are associated mainly with IIB Home Loans.

Refer to the following link to find out more

[broken link removed]

yeh i rang them earlier, they were not much help. the girl said they do not have access to indivdual cu info as to who does m/gages or who doesn't.
i would have to call them all and find out, which doesn't help really cos you can only join a cu if you live in their area.

i am a member in another cu so i'll ring on the off chance that they do them... are they much more exp to go through - does anyone have any direct experience.

As far as I know credit unions who advertise mortgages do so as agents for one of the major mortgage companies only. I don't think Credit unions offer a comprehensive mortgage package or have a stand alone mortgage offer.

AFAIK, CUs are forbidden from borrowing or lending long-term. Any mortgage offered are probably done so as a broker/agent (as mentioned by oldtimer) as opposed to underwriters.

Back