Credit union loan contractor

Overgame

Hi
Hi I am French citizen here for 3 year
First year i was earning 22.K€ permanent
2nd year 25 K€ Contractor (Agency 1)
3rd year 30 K€ contractor (Agency )
Now i just got 38 k€ contractor through umbrella company (Computerpeople ) for 12 month

I had the credit union account for 1 year and saving 50 € per month (600 €)
I have a 1500€ in my Aib account
do you think they could borrow 500€ to me being a contractor with no credit history

My goal is to build credit history

Hi
Hi I am French citizen here for 3 year
First year i was earning 22.K€ permanent
2nd year 25 K€ Contractor (Agency 1)
3rd year 30 K€ contractor (Agency )
Now i just got 38 k€ contractor through umbrella company (Computerpeople ) for 12 month

do you think they could borrow 500€ to me being a contractor with no credit history

You should not have a difficulty borrowing €500 as long as you have more than that in your savings, either from AIB or Credit Union. If you wish to borrow more than your savings, you will need to produce evidence of employment, payslips, etc.

Well you have a savings history of one year and have been 3 years on Ireland so it should not be a problem to borrow 500 Euro, but it is silly when you have the money all ready. But I do agree with your strategy to build credit history by borrowing.

What is the long term goal with the credit history building?

Sounds like the Irish bug is getting to you. Interestingly enough I read a book years ago about America, I've mentioned it on here years ago, Maxed Out, about how 'credit' is the new God in America and one can see that increasingly in Europe, particularly in the UK and Irish market.

I recommend you read it. And think about the French reputation for parsimony and frugality.

Back