Couple in 70s VHI Plan B Options - price hike - are there any suitable alternatives?

Apologies for not saying i now realise my policy was renewed on 1st January so i am ok for this year.

Hi dewdrop,

You really should investigate the equivalent corporate plan (and the plans offered by competitors) now!

You are free to cancel your existing insurance and sign on to the equivalent corporate plan and get a refund for the difference.

You can hold on to the refund and use it to cover any increases next year!

aj

A corporate plan would be about €300 cheaper than this! But you have to contact the insurer and ask for the corporate plans.

Vhi corporate plan 1.1 is the nearest equivalant to plan B. We changed last year and got better cover (nearer to B Options) for 300e less for a couple.

I also cancelled my Gold Steps (cost 300 p.a.) as the new plan covered the parts that the steps plan previously covered

I've just come across this announcement from VHI

"The VHI has confirmed that it will increase premiums on corporate plans.
The change will be effective from the beginning of March, but the level of increase has not been decided yet.
The news comes in the wake of significant increases for private customers earlier this week".

Similar but not equivalent. There are inpatient excesses on this policy and reduced in patient psychiatric cover and no cover for Blackrock Clinic & the Mater Private for general procedures.

Patrick

Pinkybear, how did you get your mum on the corporate plan? Just an email?

Back