couple have paid prsi: will we both get pension in our own right?

Cobra

When my wife and i retire will we both get the pension if we have both paid prsi untill we reach 65. my question is will we both be entitled to get the full pension in our own right which i think is 210 euro each. or is it just that one will get the pension and claim for the other.So do we get the total of 410 between us. This one is bothering me but im sure there is someone out there with the answer.

Re: Pensions

As both of you have paid PRSI in your own rights afaia you are both entitled to the full state pension at 65. Check with welfare in sligo on Telephone LoCall 1890 500 000

If you have paid PRSI at the correct class (Class A is the most common) and have sufficient contributions, you will each qualify for a contributory pension - at the moment you'll qualify for a State Pension (Transition) at 65 and a State Pension (Contributory) from age 66. These were previously called Retirement and Old Age Pensions.

Thanks for that information. It looks like you could be right. will check with Sligo. This is a great sight. Thanks.

Back