cost of furniture,white goods, carpet for house

blueshoes

hi, i have bought a new house and will be moving in a months time, i am just wondering how much money would i need for all the above i know it depends on the type and all that a ruff estimate would do as i have never purchased anything like these before. i want good stuff that will last. also what would be a good washing machine/tumble dryer all in one to buy? cuz in my rented house at the mo the clothes cum out soaking wet. any advice would be appreciated

You can check the cost of white goods online at the likes of the Power City, DID etc. websites.

I bought white goods recently. Some are integrated and are more expensive than non-integrated. The washing machine/ dryer combo is probably about 600 I imagine. Try and go for a recognised name like whirlpool zanussi etc and register the guarantees as soon as you buy(which I have yet to do)

Integrated dishwasher 450+
Integrated fridge 450+
Hob 439
Oven 489

Carpet- About 500 todo 3 bedrooms
Stairs carpet- You will need to spend a bit more on this or you will be replacing frequently.

Furniture is really how much you want to spend, you will need a bed, couch and table + chairs. I always find the nicer the showroom the more expensive the furniture

For things like fridges/freezers and maybe other regularly used appliances it might be a good idea to look at A rated appliances since this will reduce the total cost of ownership (i.e. the running costs) over the years.

Back in the end of Jan I purchased the following from DID in Mountjoy Sq for around €2,200 - give or take €100 - everything was A or B rated

Zanussi Single multi function over and ceramic hob
Belling stainless fridge freezer - 54cm wide and A rated
Hotpoint integrated slimline dishwasher (BCI450) A A B rated
Hotpoint integrated washer/dryer (BWD129) B A B rated
Sharp stainless mircowave 800w

We also got the remnants of 2 good quality carpets from frank mc gowans for approx €520 .... about €200 cheaper than what we had picked in carpet right

Also got a sofa bed from JayBee sofaworks ... Picked out sofa A with arms of sofa B with colour of sofa C and the youngfella who quoted us undercharged us around €300 by mistake :cool:

paddyc said:
- everything was A or B rated

Sharp stainless mircowave 800w

Don't want to nit pick:) but as far as I know most (if not all) microwaves are E rated (worst energy performance rating).

Carpenter said:
Don't want to nit pick:) but as far as I know most (if not all) microwaves are E rated (worst energy performance rating).

Actually now that you mention it there wasn't an energy rating sticker on the microwave so I have no idea what it was rated it.

You might actually find it printed/ stamped on the front of the machine, beside the power rating- that's been my experience anyway- it's unusual in that you won't find the energy rating permanently labelled on other domestic appliances in this way.

Back