Other Consolidate Insurance Policies

bonzer1again

All,
I have multiple insurance policies...I have 2 car policies a house policy and a mobile-home policy. All of the renewal dates are at different times of the year. Ideally I would love to have them all fall on the same renewal date so that this would give me better bargaining power when I need to renew. Do you know of any insurance company that will allow me to have the same renewal date. Every company seems only willing to do annual insurance policies which is hampering my goal of a single renewal date.

Any Suggestions would be appreciated!!!!

Check your policies to see what rebate you get on cancellation. Assuming you won't lose out too much, whenever your next renewal is up just cancel the others as of that renewal date and then insure all together. I'm not convinced you'll make any great savings with this strategy though.

I've rarely found insurers to be competitive for multiple insurance types (they may give you 10% off your car insurance for having your house with them as well, but 10% off what premium?). You are generally better off shopping around individually for each product.

If you really want the same renewal date, then rather than cancelling, extend renewal date on each one to coincide with the other. It suits some to have common renewal date.

Back