Coming off OPFA, what next?

H

hiccups

Hi,

I split up with my partner 9 months ago but only moved out of the family home with our two children 6 months ago. Since we moved out I had been receiving SWA until the OPFA came in (about 3 months ago now)

We see each other on a weekly basis (access visits to see the kids), over the past month or so we have discussed the posibility of getting back together again and the two kids and myself moving back in.

We haven't yet but I am thinking we should give it another go for the sake of the children and also for us! Some of the issues that were causing arguments have been resolved and we both think we could give it another go.

My question is at what point do I inform the Social Welfare? When we move back into the house? Since our split he has lost his job and is now on JSA (actively looking for work in fairness). So what way will it work until he gets another job? Will he receive an allowance for the two children and myself?

Another worry I have is what if we make the wrong decision and decided to give it another go but it doesn't work out and I have to apply again for the OPFA. Would the Social Welfare be really annoyed with me and could I get it again?

I'm trying to do the right thing by everyone!

Thanks.

Fair play for giving it another go. Marriage guidence might be something to look at too.
I would inform SW if and when you move back in. When you are informing them you may get the opportunity to explain the situation.
If things don't work out then all you have to do is reapply. One you ensure you are being honest and above board all will be ok.
Were you working yourself before moving out or a stay at home mum (this is hard work too). If the latter he will be able to make a claim for you and the kids.

Back