Combined/hybrid heating system advice

N

NoelN

Hi All,

We are renovating our 1930's 3 bed semi-D. We currently have an OFCH and electric immersion hot water heating system. We are worried about future fuel security and costs re oil and gas. So, we were wondering if it is possible to install a new central heating system that would allow us to use a wood burning/multi-fuel stove and/or either an oil or gas boiler to drive the central heating and hopefully support water heating. We also intend to have solar water heating.

We hear that such combined systems are possible. Some tell us that it's only possible with the stove & oil (as gas CH systems operate with higher pressures and are sealed ?). Others say it can be done with gas but we might need two water tanks / parrallel systems. Over all it sounds very expensive. Has any one got some reliavble and clear information and advice, companies we could contact etc. We have found it very difficult to get a clear picture.

Thanks in advance

Hi Dara,

Thanks a million for your reply. We're based in Drogheda, anyone you know of in or around there ?

All the best

Noel

Hi Dara,

Thanks a million for your reply. We're based in Drogheda, anyone you know of in or around there ?

All the best

Noel

I am thinking of changing my Stanley Super Star range back to solid fuel. I changed to oil about 14 years ago and now find it is too expensive to run. It was originally a solid fuel range and I'm wondering if anyone has done this or knows anything about it. I have all the parts that were taken out in order to fit the oil burner.
Any advice would be welcome.

No answers on the above question. Has anybody done it or heard of it from somebody who has?

Back