Collection Payments for Tickets

PolkaDot

Hi all,

Apologies if this isn't the correct forum for this post but I couldn't find a better option.

I am involved in organising a charity ball, for which we will be selling 100-150 tickets at approx €100 each. We are looking into options for collecting payment.

Obviously Evenbrite is one we have looked at. But they charge a fee of 5.50% + €0.49 per ticket assuming you pay by credit card. These fees can be passed on to the buyer, but we'd rather not do that. We would also prefer to see the money going to charity rather than being paid on fees.

Paypal is another option. The fee is 3.4% + €0.35 per transaction.

We also have the option of just giving bank account details for one or the organiser's accounts, and asking people to make transfers to that.

We would rather not get into collecting cash.

I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for any other way of collecting money for tickets, without paying big fees? Have any of you done anything else in the past?

Thanks for your help.

I dont have an answer to your question about a cheaper way of processing payments but my opinion is that you should be careful about the option of getting people to transfer money.

This may seem cheaper, but only if it doesnt cost you sales.

If you sell 100 tickets at €100 a ticket, the Eventbrite costs will be €600 or the paypal costs will €375. I understand that you are tryng to maximize the profit for the charity, which is laudable, but dont make the mistake of a false economy.

The advantage of these two methods of payment is that a potential customer will get an email and can pay with a few clicks without leaving their desk or sofa.

Bank transfer is a bit more grief and some people might just not bother. You only have to sell 4 or 6 extra tickets to justify the costs of EventBrite or paypal.

If you're just looking to process payments, stripe is a fair bit cheaper than paypal (1.4% + 25c)
www.picatic.com might be worth a look - they are nominally free, and integrate with stripe for the card processing

Hi all,

Apologies if this isn't the correct forum for this post but I couldn't find a better option.

I am involved in organising a charity ball, for which we will be selling 100-150 tickets at approx €100 each. We are looking into options for collecting payment.

Obviously Evenbrite is one we have looked at. But they charge a fee of 5.50% + €0.49 per ticket assuming you pay by credit card. These fees can be passed on to the buyer, but we'd rather not do that. We would also prefer to see the money going to charity rather than being paid on fees.

Paypal is another option. The fee is 3.4% + €0.35 per transaction.

We also have the option of just giving bank account details for one or the organiser's accounts, and asking people to make transfers to that.

We would rather not get into collecting cash.

I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for any other way of collecting money for tickets, without paying big fees? Have any of you done anything else in the past?

Thanks for your help.

I just started a ticket company and our fees are around the same as eventbrites.

For charity's we offer €0.5 & 2% fees . You'll have your own events Web page and account .

It uses stripe, realex, paypal and most of the main credit card gateways but be aware they charge their own fee for processing payments on their system.

The ticketing system is seperate and manages emailing tickets with unique
barcode , reserved seats, scanning tickets and a full box office. It makes really everything easy for you and those purchasing your tickets.

You can check us via or website , Google "quicktickets.ie ireland '

Regards John

Polkadot I suggest that you check whether any of these ticket companies can give an option for the customer to pay the fees. These type of events many of the ticket buyers will have a personal connection with the organisers or the charity and will have no issue with paying the fees to ensure the maximum goes to the charity. By making it an option you are not forcing the buyers to pay the fees but also giving the option to those prepared to do so. Good luck with the ball.

Last edited:
Back