Clondalkin investment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rather than asking others for advice and rubbishing it when they have taken the time to reply, why didn't you sit down and have a good chat with yourself instead? At least that way you would receive the answers that you want to hear (hopefully!).

Enjoy life of the road ;)

Nice one!

Property was purchased 30K UNDER MARKET VALUE. Rent 1200pm, on interest only after all charges €4,500 profit pa. if the property increases 33% (5.5%pa) over 5 years captail growth is €93,000. On original investment of 85k leaving out profit from rent its almost 110% return on investment.the return from at 3% bank would be 15k from 85k investment a 18% return.

You would be wise to ignore your 30K under market value gain- this only means something if you sell that property for 30K more. "If property increases 33% over next 5 years" - this is highly unlikely seeing as we already have highest proprerty prices on planet (for no good reason) and prices are currently dropping - interest rates are rising and supply is rising. You calculate your "profit" based on costs of aprox 1000 euro for the year (according to your numbers). You say that you have taken all charges into consideration. Do they include a margin for increased interest rates - repairs - depreciation - voids - management charges etc I doubt it! Bank your cash befor your cash banks you.

Property was purchased 30K UNDER MARKET VALUE. Rent 1200pm, on interest only after all charges €4,500 profit pa. if the property increases 33% (5.5%pa) over 5 years captail growth is €93,000. On original investment of 85k leaving out profit from rent its almost 110% return on investment.the return from at 3% bank would be 15k from 85k investment a 18% return.

You would be wise to ignore your 30K under market value gain- this only means something if you sell that property for 30K more. "If property increases 33% over next 5 years" - this is highly unlikely seeing as we already have highest proprerty prices on planet (for no good reason) and prices are currently dropping - interest rates are rising and supply is rising. You calculate your "profit" based on costs of aprox 1000 euro for the year (according to your numbers). You say that you have taken all charges into consideration. Do they include a margin for increased interest rates - repairs - depreciation - voids - management charges etc I doubt it! Bank your cash befor your cash banks you.

Did somebody mention a property price fall? A bit risky I would have thought?

[broken link removed]

You dont look at propery on a 1 year basis,thats stupit,I want to hear from people like myself who have 10 or more investments properties, who can afford to wait for prices to increase, Maybe next year they will not increase but on a 5 year basis property will always go up. Lets compare the irish market to the UK maket over the past 30 years.
UK HOUSE PRICES 1st QRT 1983 TO 3rd QRT 2006

Last edited by a moderator:
You dont look at propery on a 1 year basis,thats stupit,I want to hear from people like myself who have 10 or more investments properties, who can afford to wait for prices to increase, Maybe next year they will not increase but on a 5 year basis property will always go up. Lets compare the irish market to the UK maket over the past 30 years.
UK HOUSE PRICES 1st QRT 1983 TO 3rd QRT 2006

1ST QRT 1983 AV HOUSE PRICE 29,983
3RD QRT 2006 AV HOUSE PRICE 179,425 + 500%
Is it really necessary to post all those lines of figures??
As for property always rising over 5 years, tell that to those in japan and hong kong and dont confuse the nominal returns with real returns. Property IMO will be no higher in nominal terms in ten years and especially in areas like clondalkin when theres massive supply of apartments being build all over dublin every year.

Still havent said which complex it is in? Any reason for that?

Bearing in mind that Clondalkin now stretches from Monastery Road (almost up as far as M50 roundabout) down as far as Rowlagh Village and there are numerous new apartments all along the way, it is difficult to comment whether €285 is actually good value for the location.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back