Clarion Hotel at IFSC

ronny78

Hi,

Can anyone advise what this hotel is like and more particularly the area it is in ? I'm not that familiar with this part of Dublin and was wondering if this would be a suitable place to book for an older couple the Saturday night before the All Ireland Hurling Final ?

A more suitable recommendation would also be greatly welcomed !

Many thanks,
R-

I know the area fairly well, and the Clarion is right on the Liffey on North Wall Quay. If you book, get a river view room!

The hotel is fine enough (never stayed there, but have eaten at the restaurants, one of which is Asian-themed, and attended conferences). There is an indoor pool and fitness area at the hotel.

The area around the hotel is fine, but here's not a huge amount to do or see there since it's mainly a concrete jungle of corporate offices (generally very quiet on the weekends). There are a few decent restaurants in the vacinity.

If your friends are going to stay in the hotel much of the time or merely use the hotel for a jumping off point, it is perfectly fine. My point is that there is not a lot in the immediate vacinity. However, all the "good stuff" is not that far away by foot/taxi.

It's close enough to Croke Park, but the shortest way takes you through a fairly rough part of town. Also, the areas about three streets behind the IFSC can be quite rough, so stay near the river!

Depending on how mobile your friends are, Drumcondra, Glasnevin, Phibsboro are all very close by to Croke with loads of B&Bs if they want to walk to the match. I wonder if any rooms are left, though, for the big match.

This might help, came across a useful site that has Clarion IFSC on it with all the information and maps. Click on the link if you are looking for the latest pricing for the Clarion Hotel IFSC

Hope that this helps?

This might help, came across a useful site that has Clarion IFSC on it with all the information and maps. Click on the link if you are looking for the latest pricing for the Clarion Hotel IFSC

Hope that this helps?

Ned, are you affiliated with that site? All of your posts have been directing people to it.

Back