CHP (combined power and heating)

dgeers

Anyone here installed a CHP in Ireland ? Calor gas has an "option" on their website and after some mailing to and fro got the bog standard brochure

The unit price is still way out of line, what did they quote u: 7k for 25kw?

The key with CHP is without feed in tariffs for the excess elec what do you do with it and ditto in summer what do u do with excess heat.

As you know when its on its elec and heat

Not suited for domestic residences in stand alone setup

ESB has a rate of 5p per KwH produced. its buried deep on the website and you need a different meter to allow the export to the net

"funny" enough SEAI states that you can contact the supplier(s) to get export quotes but so far ESB is the only one

I think you should see the electricity as by product of heat not the main aim. as stated before I'm leaning towards leaving the green train as there is too much stuff out there to make either financial or green sense out its not worth the hassle at the moment. insulation check, proper glass in the windows check .. no open fireplace double check

we will see after that what makes sense or is the best option. yes I plan to have everything set-up in such a way that if it all starts to make sense i can apply the new technology with ripping my house to bits ..

Back