Child maintenance to Poland - court order

Status
Not open for further replies.
hold on , so you earn 2200 euro as month and feel its only right to pay 200 euro a month just because you feel like ???
my partner was on 346euro last year to support myself our two kids and his two kids every week who came to stay for three days a week and was ordered to pay 150 euro a week, we couldnt eat were threthened with eviction and couldnt survive, you think your hard up ????

Heretohelp - I can understand if you feel bitter and hard done by with the system here in ireland - i do too - I'm just trying not to be screwed here - as was mentioned in a previous post- the value of €200 in Poland can be multiplied by a factor of three. the average monthly wage is €700 - So im contributing quite a lot if indeed i end up paying €300 -

You state above that your partner was supporting you and four children - good for him - were you married to him? Were you working?

I will be supporting a (1) child that I will never see and do not really want anything to do with as it is connected to its mother. end of.

My own 2 cents - i think that child maintenance should be based on an itemised billing system , so the father can see what he is actually paying for. I dont trust this person at all, i am however getting over the anger - i just want closure on this so i can get on with my life.

What exactly would you include in an itemised billing system?

Clothing
Food
Medical
Toys
Heat/Light (should a percentage of the utility bills of the mother be included seeing as the child uses the same utilities?)
Rent/Mortgage (again, the child has to live somewhere so a percentage here is only fair).
Cleaning products (childs clothes need to be washed so percentage of mothers cleaning products is only fair)
Personal hygiene products - toothpaste, shampoo etc..
Nappies at a young age - later perhaps toilet roll costs?
Treats - lollipop at the shops etc..
Travel - presumably if mother is going somewhere with child the travel costs need to cover the childs travel expenses too.
Money for holidays
Pocket money/savings account
Expenses for pet if child has one, food, insurance, vet bills
Reading material as child gets older.
School expenses as child gets older, uniform, books, pens, paper, lunch money
Birthday/Christmas presents
Health Insurance
Bin charges (child is going to generate waste materials same as anyone).
Days out, educational trips, trips to cinema etc...
Babysitting costs
Creche costs

The above is just what I thought of off the top of my head - Im sure there are more expenses in raising a child - Ive not made any allowance for the mothers time in raising a child.
I think if you look over that short list that its clear that 300 euro a month will not go far to cover the above.
Its expensive to raise a child. Even in Poland.

I sympathise with your situation, but I dont think you are looking at the bigger picture here about how much it costs to raise a child.

If you were (for some reason) the parent who was raising the child do you think 200 euro a month would be a fair contribution from the other parent?

I think men can have an unrealistic view that the mothers of their children are somehow 'gold digging' when they look for maintenance money - but its expensive to raise kids! Plus - how much gold digging can seriously be done for 300 euro a month? Its not like she is going to be taking limos about and living the high life on a measly 300 euro a month!

Access does not mean having anything to do with the mother - its about you spending time with your child. People can have separate relationships with their parents, a relationship with your child does not mean a relationship with the mother of the child bar a civil hello when collecting your child to spend time with him/her.

If the mother was a different person and hadnt upset you so much would you want a relationship with your child? If the answer to that is yes then please think long and hard about your decision because none of this is the childs fault.

Seems to be a lot of mothers/single mothers waiting to push their moral highground crap down somebodys throat that can be bothered listening - thanks to all who made worthwhile contributions to the thread- you know who you are AA

If you are looking for a site where only the people who think like you do answer your posts, you may want to look somewhere else. This is not a place where you get automatic validation nor claps on the back. You have had some good advice from different angles, its entirely up to you what you take from it. I'm sure most of us couldn't care less.

+1

Well said jaybird

Seems to be a lot of mothers/single mothers waiting to push their moral highground crap down somebodys throat that can be bothered listening - thanks to all who made worthwhile contributions to the thread- you know who you are AA

Why do you think any of it is moral high ground? (Im not a mother, single or otherwise by the way).

You think you are being screwed. Other people dont (given the figures stated of your salary and maintenance amount).

Theres no moral high ground in that - its fact. Its a small amount of money on your salary. You are not going to be hard up with that contribution.

As the original poster appears to be finished with this query time to close off the thread before it goes downhill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back