Child maintenance to Poland - court order

Status
Not open for further replies.
...however:
I don't get your point? Maintenance has nothing to do with access. If you never see the child but you bring one into the world you are responsible. And Carrilou the bad circumstances between the parents should have no bearing on the maintenance. Either the child is entitled to it or she/he isn't and the Polish courts will decide. Nothing stopping OP applying for access, Poland isn't the other side of the world.

You said that the 'money was for his child' - my point is that by his own admission, he doesn't care about the child so presumably doesn't care whether the child is brought up in a financially secure environment or not.

Your thrust as far as I can see, in relation to finances/maintenance is 'what's best for the child' - the OP doesn't care though.

carrielou I havent seen my daughter in 6 years.she is now 17. i believe a child has the right to two parents but if they dont get on it is better for everyone that the parents split.
i pay €100 a week and for that i get nothing and a young girl gets no father. all because of a horrible selfish mother who wants more money.
i know a mother who gets support from her ex but he has no interest in the child at all.she wishes he would care for the childs sake.
i wonder does the OP ex have any desire for her son to see his father.?

Not sure if this is relevant but is you name on the childs birth certificate? Is this lady also claiming Child Benefit from Ireland? One could argue that the €166/month could go towards the maintenance of your child thus reducing you monthly payment. If Child Benefit is claimed coupled with your €300/mth then this child is earning €466/month which is quiet a lot considering an average wage there is approx €800/month

If the mother and child are both residing in Poland, and the child was born there, how would they be getting Irish Child benefit?
If for some reason they were entitled and did get it, it would still be irrelevant for maintenance purposes.

The OP has a responsibility to pay, and the amount has been set by a court order. He needs to either pay up and shut up, or challenge the amount through the proper legal channels. End of.

Yep, OP has responsibility to pay once it's established he is the child's father. In theory Child Benefit could be claimed which would help towards the maintenance of the child.

From Citizens information
EU/EEA citizens and Swiss nationals working in Ireland, satisfy the habitual residence condition for Child Benefit.
If you are an EU/EEA citizen or a Swiss national and work in a country covered by EU Regulations, the country you work in usually pays Child Benefit even if your family is living in another country. However, if your children are living in another EU/EEA country you should still apply for any Family Benefits you are entitled to there.

EU/EEA citizens and Swiss nationals working in Ireland, satisfy the habitual residence condition for Child Benefit.
If you are an EU/EEA citizen or a Swiss national and work in a country covered by EU Regulations, the country you work in usually pays Child Benefit even if your family is living in another country. However, if your children are living in another EU/EEA country you should still apply for any Family Benefits you are entitled to there.

Does this mean the father could claim here!

That would only apply if the mother was working in Ireland, even if the child was living in Poland. The mother is not working in Ireland and the child is Polish born, they have no claim to Child Benefit in Ireland.
The rules shoud not discriminate between father/mother so I think in theory he could claim child benefit here. Personally I think it was a silly decision made by our government when the country was a wash with cash.

Yes father of child can claim child benefit in the country in which he pays PRSI.
Many Polish fathers who have come to work in this country are claiming Child Benefit in Ireland. Once father applies mother of the child is notified by the Irish SW to cease claiming in her own country while the Irish claim is being processed. This takes 2 years approx.
Child benefit can be paid to father (he does not have to have custody or even live in the same country) with mothers permission in cases such as the above where the rate is higher in one country and the PRSI is being paid by the father in that country

Amoeba,

Maybe its just me but there is something fishy about all of this ..anyone agree ?

You come across a a decent guy who wants to stand by and not run from responsability but things have moved far to quick in my mind ,
meet girl -
pregnant -
split up -
ex come on scene (abuse) -
money demands -
court orders-
collectors -

Mate 1st things 1st ... Be 100% that the baby is yours , trust me photos are not enough to prove paternity (unless there are obvious ethneic differences)
I will not get into what you do and do not have to pay ,you need to get over STEP#1 first .... IS THE BABY YOURS ?

Then move on .

Firstly you need to get a DNA test carried out, my child has on numerous occasions been mistaken for my friends son so I definetly would not be basing all this on photos you have seen of the child, although if she is willing to bring you through the courts then she must feel certain about it or maybe it's because you haven't questioned paternity that she sees you as an easy option.

You don't say if you wife is aware of this child existence?, you've already paid €2000 in legal costs, work out how many months maintenance that would have paid, your throwing good money after bad.

Reality check now, get the DNA results and if you are the father stand up to your responsibilites, this money is for your son whether you choose to play a part in his life or not, if you choose to ignore him that's your problem not the childs (although may become yours in 18yrs time). There is a common misconception out there that most mothers when it comes to scenarios like this use the fathers of their children as cash machines, the reality is if the roles were reversed and you were expected to put a roof over your sons head, feed, clothes, pay medical costs, school costs etc. if would surely cost more than the €300 your currently quibbling about so you need to put it in perspective.

Get the DNA test done, it will either save you a fortune in maintenance or confirm the fact that you are a father, then be a man about it and stand up to your responsiblities.

Make sure it is an independent lab that does the test. Don't have a lab in Poland or Ireland do the test. Get a lab in a neutral country to do the test.

just got back from christmas break - this has vertainly made interesting reading.

i suppose to answer everyones questions broadly - I reiterrate that I feel nothing for this child, I see this as a black hole that I will send money into every month.

again - I think that 300€ is too much for Poland - if she was living here with the child - then I would accept it grudgingly.

I did make her an offer last week of €220 per month which i never received a reply from.

Listen - take intio account how bloody expensive it is to live here and how much you have left out of a pay packet very month and maybe youll see my point - and i havent even got a mortgage yet!

The Child benefit ideas sound really ineteresting but would probably require some cooperation from her side which i dont think i will get.

Also - to answer someone elses question - If i stick my head in the sand and ignore everything - then I will have the courts take an attachment of my earnings.

My own 2 cents - i think that child maintenance should be based on an itemised billing system , so the father can see what he is actually paying for. I dont trust this person at all, i am however getting over the anger - i just want closure on this so i can get on with my life.

If the OP is self employed it can be a different matter. Deductions cant be made, endless summons and then perhaps warrant. Then, in an Irish Court, only arrears of the previous 26 weeks have to be accounted for!

AmoebaAsasin, is your name on the childs birth cert?

CarrieLou - no it is not - she sent the birth cert to me to be signed, but i declined as it was all in polish.... and sent it back.

carrielou I havent seen my daughter in 6 years.she is now 17. i believe a child has the right to two parents but if they dont get on it is better for everyone that the parents split.
i pay €100 a week and for that i get nothing and a young girl gets no father. all because of a horrible selfish mother who wants more money.
i know a mother who gets support from her ex but he has no interest in the child at all.she wishes he would care for the childs sake.
i wonder does the OP ex have any desire for her son to see his father.?

Ex has made it clear in the court that I am to have no access- I have not challenged this, as I want absolutely nothing to do with her,

Hi there - a couple of years back, i happened to meet a Polish girl here in Ireland. We were together for about six months, she got pregnant in the final month and it was a big shock to both of us. I was prepared to support the child. About 2 weeks after this discovery - she told me that she was going home for a 2 week holiday. She never came back, also shortly after she left ireland - i started getting abusive phone calls from a guy that she had been seeing - basically saying "you stole my girlfriend, " usually these phone calls were drunk and abusive, i had to threaten Garda action to stop. anyway - i got in touch with her - she denied cheating - she also told me that she would be remaining in Poland , having the baby there and remaining there. i felt really p'd off that i had no say in this and i felt powerless to do anything. Anyway the child was born, shortly afterwards - i received a text message demanding €600 per month to be wired over to her, i told her that she must be dreaming, she would not even get that in Ireland. I was earning €1800 Per month at the time. So it went to Court - the court awarded her 300€ per month (they laughed at the €600 ammount) to be backdated bout a year and a half, and all the costs of childbirth etc to be paid too. The polish girl also threatened to send "collectors" if i didnt pay the ammount in full immediately. I appealed this and the judge has arranged another hearing. So far this has cost me €2000 in legal fees. I am willing to pay €200 per month, i am earning 2,300 net per month now but am married and my wife is on a pretty crap salary, when rent, bills, loans, health insurance, food , oil and everything else is taken into consideration things are tight enough.. A lot of people i have spoken to said that €200 in poland is worth substancially more than it is here. We have not done a DNA test but im pretty sure that the child is mine from the phoots.
Bottom line is - i feel this girl is quite calculating, she has no consideration for me or my feelings, she sees me as a source of funds, i want to get this over and done with and pay some monthly ammount - but i dont want to be ripped off. i am aware of my responsibility to pay something. I am not trying to escape this. Any thoughts? Also if any polish people are on here - i would be interested on what you think of as a "fair" ammount to be paid per month?
thanks in advance. AA
hold on , so you earn 2200 euro as month and feel its only right to pay 200 euro a month just because you feel like ???
my partner was on 346euro last year to support myself our two kids and his two kids every week who came to stay for three days a week and was ordered to pay 150 euro a week, we couldnt eat were threthened with eviction and couldnt survive, you think your hard up ????

hold on , so you earn 2200 euro as month and feel its only right to pay 200 euro a month just because you feel like ???
my partner was on 346euro last year to support myself our two kids and his two kids every week who came to stay for three days a week and was ordered to pay 150 euro a week, we couldnt eat were threthened with eviction and couldnt survive, you think your hard up ????

I totally agree with you heretohelp, there are alot of people in similar circumstances to you and have to grin and bare it.

OP you need to organise the test, you need the mothers agreement for it so you can't just decide you want to do it on a specific date and it can take weeks for the test results to come back so you are only prolonging it for everyone and you will still be on here giving out about her when in fact you have as much control over the situation but you just need to take hold and use your control.

Your idea of itemised billing so the father can see what he is paying for is the most ludicurous suggestion i've ever seen. This child if it is yours is entitled to the same lifestyle etc. as all your future children will be, irrespective of whether you want to play any part of their lives or not is irrelevant. A court has ruled in her home country what they think you should be paying it is not for you to challenge this based on your assumptions on how cheap it is to live in Poland, you don't live in Poland and your def. not raising a child in Poland. Get the test done, as per usual their is an innocent little child in the middle of this mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back