Cheapest way to access cash abroad - outside Eurozone

pAnTs

Hi I've just happened to find myself abroad in Croatia with no kuna left, I was wondering what's the cheapest way for me to access cash, I have an AIB Click Visa card and I have my AIB laser card and a bank of Ireland laser card, would I be better off spending with my visa or withdrawing from the wall using my laser or visa card??? Thanks I can't find anything online and have limited Internet connection

The fee schedules are complex:

With AIB Click Visa you pay the below:

• Non-euro cash withdrawals as % of transaction value: Currency conversion fee of 1.75% within Visa Europe Region or 2.75% outside Visa Europe Region plus a cash advance fee of 1.5% (minimum €1.90).
  • Non-euro purchases fee as % of transaction value: Currency conversion fee of 1.75% within Visa Europe Region or 2.75% outside Visa Europe Region.

With AIB Laser you pay the below:

• Non euro cash withdrawal fee: Currency conversion fee of up to 3% of transaction value (depending on currency) plus commission of 1% of transaction value (minimum €1.27, maximum €6.35). A MasterCard Scheme Charge also applies to non-euro currency transactions of 0.1% (within MasterCard Europe Region) or 0.39% (outside MasterCard Europe Region).
  • Non-euro card purchase: 1.75% of transaction value (minimum €0.46, maximum €11.43.) A MasterCard Scheme Charge also applies to non-euro currency transactions of 0.1% (within MasterCard Europe Region) or 0.39% (outside MasterCard Europe Region.) This information relates to domestic transactions only. In addition to the charges outlined, customers may be liable for international euro or foreign currency related transaction fees and charges as outlined in the 'Schedule of International Transaction Charges' brochure which is available on www.aib.ie
With BoI debit cards you pay the below:

• Non euro cash withdrawal fee: 3.5% (minimum €3.17, maximum €11.43)
  • Non-euro card purchase: 1.75% (minimum €0.46, maximum €11.43)

Back