Chapelizod- Travel Times to City Centre(Baggot St)

Oilean Beag

I have read the existing threads about Chapelizod in general but Im specifically interested in travel times to and from the city centre during rush hour.

At what time would you need to be at the bus stop just on the bridge there to get to Baggott St for 9 am ? How regular are the buses and how likely are you to be able to get on one at that time ( i.e. do they all fly by full from Lucan etc ? )

I dont know much about the area- any other general comments? looking at a 2 bed apartment in Knockmaree.

Cheers :)

The buses that go to Baggot St from Lucan, Maynooth etc are Express eg 25x and all these take the Chapelizod bypass. The regular buses can be very full by the time they get to Chapelizod, hard to predict. You would have to walk from D'Olier St or change on to a 10 etc to get to Baggot St

Personally I would say it's not the area to buy in if you're time tied and going to be relying on public transport.

As an update- travel time to Baggot St from bridge at Chapelizod in the morning about 45 mins - bus into D'Olier Street and walk from there. Leave the house at approx 8.10 am. In two months have experienced one major delay due to crash on the quays.

Back