Changed careers from nursing to teaching.....can I transfer years in nursing service towards teachin

quinlan15

I trained as a nurse in England and worked there for 5 years.. Returned to Ireland and nursed for 8 years. Decided to do montessori degree for 3 years. I did resource teaching for 2 years. Then did pgce primary england. Returned to Ireland have been teaching since. My question is can I add my nursing years service to my teaching years service. ..can my 8 years nursing in ireland be reduced from my years service in teaching. ...its very difficult to get information on this. thanks in advance.

General rule is all public service years in Ireland can be added.

That's assuming you paid pension contact for each year.

If you worked in a public hospital as a nurse you can have your service added to your teaching service. You will need to contact the HSE on the matter and you might need letters from each hospital in which you worked outling when you were employed and for how long. You then give this information with the written proof to your HR section of teaching. It is in your interests to do this asap and not to leave it until near your retirement.

Thanks Leper for information. ..do u work in human resources dept by any chance. ..The number of years that I have nursed in Ireland can be reduced from the 35 years service that I need for teaching. ..would that be correct. ..Thanks for info much appreciated. ... 1476935, member: 24894"]If you worked in a public hospital as a nurse you can have your service added to your teaching service. You will need to contact the HSE on the matter and you might need letters from each hospital in which you worked outling when you were employed and for how long. You then give this information with the written proof to your HR section of teaching. It is in your interests to do this asap and not to leave it until near your retirement.[/QUOTE]
Thanks Leper for I

Back