CGT on short term profits on shares, is it different than 33%?

LoveTrees

To me investing in shares means long term investing but I'd like to invest from time to time a small lump sum into a certain stock that the internet finds promising at present and try to gain let's say 5% in a few days/weeks and then sell it. But are profits on selling shares within 28 days treated differently on a CGT stand point than profits on selling shares after more than 28 days since purchase-date? I am aware that losses are treated very differently depending whether sold within 4 weeks or not... Thank you for your comments...

No, for something like that it’d still be 33%.

If you trade very frequently and derive an income from it, it can end up subject to income tax etc, but the barrier to get there is higher than people think.

Thank you Gordon, I am confused though. Because this year I'll put in my Form 11 quite a few profits and a few losses for shares because after 4 years of idle survival of my portfolio I need to restructure it quite a lot. Is there any indicative threshold of profits connected to shares that would result in an alarm bell to revenue then imposing me more taxes? :(

Back