CGT,date of marriage and "deemed" date of occpation for CGT purposes

modestus

In relation to an Invesment property that is being sold for CGT purposes I assume the Revenue will deem a property as a PPR for twelve months after marriage even though the property was rented straight way on marriage?
Anyone any experience of this
In relation to the clawback of stamp duty if propertyrented within 5 years of purchase can anyone advise whether there is Stamp Duty liability id property purchased in January 1992 and let in June 1997 -its slightly over the 5 years
How tightly is this patrolled by Revenue ?

modestus said:
In relation to an Invesment property that is being sold for CGT purposes I assume the Revenue will deem a property as a PPR for twelve months after marriage even though the property was rented straight way on marriage?
If it was previously one's PPR before being vacated and rented then this would be the case as far as I know.
In relation to the clawback of stamp duty if propertyrented within 5 years of purchase can anyone advise whether there is Stamp Duty liability id property purchased in January 1992 and let in June 1997 -its slightly over the 5 years
Is this separate from the first question - i.e. was the property vacated after marriage and rented in June 1997 as opposed to June 1996? Was the property bought and occupied as a PPR from January 1992? If this is the case then no stamp duty clawback would apply since this would be 5 years and 4-5 months after purchase as a PPR.
How tightly is this patrolled by Revenue ?
I don't understand this question. Maybe you can clarify?

This thread might also be of interest to you.

Back