Carers Allowance and Disability Pension clarification sought

Status
Not open for further replies.

desperatedan

RE: http://www.askaboutmoney.com/threads/all-pensions-to-be-increased-by-€3-per-week-from-1-january-next.196121/

upload_2015-10-13_16-18-4-png.913

Sorry Brendan, I replied in the Announcement thread, but I should have opened a new thread, as per the instructions.

I'll delete my comment in the Announcement thread.

Here is my comment/query.

Does all pensions just mean State Pensions[OAP], not Invalidity Pension for those under 66, at which point people usually go onto the higher rate State Pension?

Would that be correct, because it seems that the Invalidity Pension has not been increased yet again, and people reaching 65 cannot go on to higher rate, as heretofore, remaining on the IP rate until age 66. There is a considerable differential, which is being widened now again, by the increase in the OAP rate, which is of course very welcome.

This from the welfare.ie Budget 2016 page:

"Weekly Pension to increase by €3 for Pensioners and Carers aged 66 and over from January 2016"

Also, if I can, may I also ask, as I am a full time carer for my wife, on Carers Allowance, it does seem that the Carers Allowance Rate will now be different for those under 66, which would be a new departure.

I will not qualify for a State Pension at 66, due to my PRSI Class.

The restoration of the full Respite Grant is of course very welcome.

Thanks, Dan.

Thank you very much gipimann.....

I had a total misunderstanding, as the carers seems to have always had a higher over 66 payment.

I wasn't aware of that.

That's because I was not approaching the dreaded 66, when I had to leave work to care for my wife, and I didn't check.

Now it's a lot closer.....hope I make it!!

Listen, you've been very good for clearing that up for me, and others in my situation.

God Bless.

Dan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back