Car Advice Please

MULLERS

I am looking for advice;

I purchased a 2010 Volkswagen family car back in July 2012 from a Volkswagen dealer with a warranty of 1 year. In December 2012 I started to run into problems with the car. The car started smoking from the bonnet and fumes were being transferred into the cabin of the car while out driving with my three young children. I had to abandon the car off the main road with my three children and await help to bring my children home safely.

First Time
The car was brought back to the Volkswagen dealer and I was informed that the fault of the car was my own in that there was oil loosely spilled and had dripped down the engine The dealer informed me the area had to be power-hosed and the problem was now resolved.

Second Time
One week later the same issue arose again while out driving with my family and I had to bring it back again to the garage a second time. I was not offered a replacement car by the dealer as the problem was apparently my own fault. I had to request one, and eventually was granted one. I was told by the dealer that there remained still some oil that had to be power hosed again.

Third Time
Shortly again after receiving the car the same problem happened. After returning the car to the dealer, I was informed that the dealer now saw what the problem was. It was the heating system and blame for the problem was not mine anymore. A new heating system was replaced and the car was returned to me.

Forth Time
Within 24 hours the car was returned again to the garage as the smoking became worse and there was a replacement car delivered to me.
While driving the replacement car with my son aged 2, to my horror, a front tyre burst and the car went into a spin. Fortunately nobody was hurt. Upon calling AA I was informed by the AA after inspection that the two front tyres were completely bald and the car was not road worthy.

The garage informed me this week that three senior members of staff have carried out analysis of the car. I have been promised now by the dealer that the problem has been corrected.

I am terrible upset and frustrated by what has happened. I now have no confidence in the vehicle anymore. I have dealt with this particular dealer for the last 9 years as a customer. I feel as though the dealer is not taking the issue seriously enough from the beginning. I don’t know what my options are. Should I contact Volkswagen and issue a complaint? Should I get legal advice from my solicitor?

The title of your post is too vague. Please it in line with the Posting Guidelines.

Please read the before posting again on Askaboutmoney.

Responses to posts with vague or meaningless titles are removed.

If the title is not edited within a reasonable time, the post will be deleted.

Brendan
Administrator

Back