Motor Car Accident Claim, Wheels on BMW

unstacked

Hi,

I had an accident on M50 last week. Car is a write off. I had my own alloys on my BMW which cost over €1500, and kept the existing BMW alloys and continental tyres when I changed over in 2008 after buying the car. The Insurance Co - Zurich have not come back to me yet about what I will get for the car but I have done my homework with a local BMW dealer and book value is around 9K as the car is petrol but low mileage, I know I dont have to take the first amount they offer me ( if someone wants to advise here please do )

My question is can I take off the existing alloys and tyres and replace
with the originals that I have ? I would then be able to sell the alloys on hopefully getting some more cash towards a replacement car.
My BMW is getting scrapped anyway, and someone else will almost definitely sell them....which is really annoying.

Or can I get some of the value of the wheels from the Insurance Co ?

Any thoughts appreciated... :-((

I'm a bit puzzled. Did you declare the new alloys to your insurance company? If you did they belong with the car if it is scrapped, if not ......

The insurance adjuster / accident assessor will value the car as seen by him / her; removal of parts or accessories after valuation may be problematic.

+ 1.

Pre accident value is based on the vehicle as seen by the adjuster. Salvage offer made would also be based on the parts on the car.

Hi, no I didnt declare the new alloys when insuring the car....

I have talked sice with Zurich and they said it has to be dealt with by the salvage yard and myself...will know more in a few days time...

Back