Cancelling a holiday with very short notice

pricilla

It is possible we may have to cancel our holiday at short notice, a relation is very very sick. We're due to fly out this Sunday with Budget.
The holiday cost a fortune. Is there anyway of getting our money back if we have to cancel 2 or 3 days before departure date?
Hopefully it won't come to that and she'll be ok!
By the way, I'm not against lying though my teeth :D

i think with budget you can cancel your holday and go at a later date it will cost a bit extra to change the date i think it was €12 per person it could be more now but just give them a call and see what they say i know my brother is canceling his holiday and he was told he could do a name change to let someone else go and it would cost them the name change not sure of the price or if he wanted to change the date i think it was €12 extra per person

Your travel insurance may cover such an eventuality and/or reimburse you for charges or monies witheld by the travel agent.

Note that your travel insurance will almost certainly have very specific guidelines on how close the relative needs to be, how ill they need to be and that the illness was not known at the time of booking before they will pay out.

And lying through your teeth on an insurance claim constitutes insurance fraud.

I presumed from the original post that one of the intended travellers was ill but I guess it's not clear if that is actually the case.

Back