Can you ban a phone number from contacting you?

Had similar problem. Contacted o2 in the end who said they could ban the number if I got a letter from the gardai.

Went to the station feeling very foolish (it was my last resort after nearly three years of phonecalls. Sometimes not for months and then they'd start again. I didn't want to go to the gardai and didn't want to get the person into any sort of trouble but was getting calls throughout the night and just wanted it to stop). The garda was really nice and contacted o2 who then said it wasn't possible to ban an incoming number. I got the impression it was more to do with where the calls were being made from rather than the number.

Gardai made one phonecall. Nothing serious, not even a warning. I think it was just enough for the caller to know I had actually gone to the gardai. Got two texts the same day as the gardai called and nothing else to date.

If its really annoying you then this route could be worth looking into.

Thanks PM1234, will keep it in mind but leave it as a last resort.

From a landline it's 142 (before the number) to show the number and 141 to block it

from a mobile it's #31# to block the number not sure what the number to show your number is.
To reveal your (normally hidden) number from a mobile on a once-off basis, put *31# before the dialled number. [As far as I know, only works if you've set up your own handset to block your number on outgoing calls as default; it mightn't work if your network has blocked your number.]

Networks Can't bar just one number from calling you .

Some handsets can and Nokia symbian's are perfect.

The N70 is symbian.

Visit www.my-symbian.com.

Loads of programs that will enable your N70 from stop receiving calls from your pest !!

UPDATE - Can you ban a phone number from contacting you?

Well, thanks to some of the suggestions on this thread, I managed to get rid of my phone stalker.

Somebody suggested to blow a whistle when they ring, I went a bit further than that. I bought a fog horn and I warned this person that I'd blast it at the phone if they ring one more time (just in case there was a legal issue with this as it may cause some hearing imparement). They rang, I used the fog horn and then they've stopped. :D

Back