Campervan insurance

zag

As far as I know up to a year or two ago, all campervan insurance policies in Ireland were all issued for the same period (April-March I think), so there should be a few campervan owners out there in the same position as me.

I am currently with Dolmen brokers (AXA I think) and the renewal this year is €330. It's not that expensive, but every year for the last few years they have included a letter indicating that prices are rising because of increasing claims. The thing is - it used to be good that there was a flat rate whether you had a VW, a Winnebago or something in between, and were anywhere from 25 to 65, but if the price continues to rise it will soon be a definite disadvantage to be a 'young' (i.e. safe) driver driving a regular (i.e. safe) sized van with a no claims history.

When I investigated previously it appeared that Dolmen had an exclusive offering, but then I found that some other body/club also had an 'exclusive' offering. From what I have since gathered there are a few offerings out there. I'm wondering how much other people pay for their insurance and who they take it out through ?

z

To the best of my knowledge, Stuart Insurances in Blackrock have a scheme for camper vans. Dont know much about it, i work in insurance and recall getting a quote from them as well as Dolmens!

I've got mine insured through Dolmen also (renewal date is June). Didn't realise there were other options.

as per peteb stuarts in blackrock have a very good camper scheme

[broken link removed]

Back