Bushy Park Terenure

Status
Not open for further replies.
This post will be deleted if not edited immediately! stop the bloody bickering! Its pathetic! (and for the record, most people see rathfarnaham as being pretty ordinary, nice place, but nothing out of the ordinary. sorry. no offence meant, but I just wouldnt be shelling out 1million plus(if I had it!) to live there)
anyway, I am living right beside bushy park. the area is nice. little or no cream crackers as Ross O'C-K would say! however, the place is crawling with stuck up brats from Terenure College, and Our Ladys. I'd nearly prefer the trackie wearing knacks to be honest, but thats just my opinion! the there are buses just outside terenure college into town - 15, 15A, 65, 65B, 49, 49A, but I would like to re-iterate that the traffic is just a nightmare. It takes me well over an hour to get into work on Earlsfort Terrace. its a good hike to Terenure village, and theres hardly any parking there if you are to drive up. (its a joke outside Eddie Rockets!) Templeogue is much more convienient but theres not much there. I dont know how much those Bushy Park apartments cost, but I wouldnt pay too much for them. I would prefer to buy an apartment nearer to town. Its a nice place to rear a family in, but it would be a bit hard to do that for long in a small apartment. anyway, again, thats just my opinion. oh yeah, I actually heard from a taxi driver the other day that his friend who lives there is gone bananas with students living in them throwing parties all the time, so maybe be aware of that.
Good luck!

legallady said:
I am living right beside bushy park ...
legallady said:
It takes me well over an hour to get into work on Earlsfort Terrace
That's about a 15 minute moped/bike ride!

legallady said:
I am living right beside bushy park ...
legallady said:
its a good hike to Terenure village, , and theres hardly any parking there if you are to drive up
I didn't realise Bushy Park was so far from Terenure! Sure all those buses go by and it's about a 15 minute walk from Bushy to Terenure.

:p

yeah its about 15 mins on a bike, but Im a professional and dont want to show up red faced, sweaty,hair all over the place after being under a helmet and a crumpled up suit in a bag to fling on once I get to the office....not to mind what I would look like if it was raining.....

... as for terenure being 15 mins away, yeah it is, but I would consider that a bit of a hike to get to the "local" village... ,

These apartments are some of the nicest I've ever seen in Dublin. When they were launched I was living in Sydney and tried to buy one on a visit here. It didn't work out unfortunately. They're bigger than normal as are the balconies. The grounds are very well maintained and it is a handy location.
The downside however is the traffic. That stretch from Terenure College to the village is one of the worst in the city. The lights are out of sync and buses get priority even when there's no bus! This happens all day and becomes farcical during both rush hours (only heading towards the city)
As for the idiot slagging off Rathfarnham...living in Inchicore I'd keep my powder dry if I were you! Don't get too many smackheads in Rathfarnham. Of course there are horrendous sub-areas in Rathfarnham, Whitechurch for example. But it is possibly one of the largest suburbs in Dublin. I'd imagine someone living in a 10 million mansion in the foothills (Rathfarnham address) might find your jibes quite amusing.
That's the thing with areas like Rathfarnham and Templeogue...they have really bad parts but also parts as nice and sometimes nicer than Rathgar, Ranelagh, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back