Home Burst pipes under concrete floor: How to find reputable loss assessor in Dublin area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy

Hi,

need some urgent help...have just discovered burst pipes under concrete floor, wooden floors in hall and living room already lifting. How could I find a reputable loss adjuster in Dublin area that I could contact about this?

Thanks

Randy

Re: Loss adjuster

I presume you mean loss assessor, loss ajusters work on insurance companies behalf. I used Alan Rafferty from Arthur Lyons & Associates (087 6241361/016769239) for a similar type claim (water damage) last year. He was excellent and I recommended him to a friend who he also did a good job for.

I dont know the guy personally and am not involved with his company. He just did a great job for me.

Alan no longer works with Arthur Lyons. In any event, the OP will need to know that he is regulated. Last time i checked, both with the financial regulator and with Alan, (within the last two weeks), albeit that he may have applied to be, he was not regulated. Insurers will not deal with unregulated Assessors. I also have been unable to confirm in the recent past, that Arthur Lyons and Associates are regulated.

I have sent you a PM with details of a fully regulated professional assessor.

Thanks guys for the replies. I guess Loss assessor was what I meant, so thanks for the clarification.

Claimsman, the name you sent me, is he a private dude or comapny affiliated?

Cheers

Randy

I've used Balcombes in Sandyford (phone 01-295-0589). I dealt with a man called Michael. My aunt has also dealt with him for a burst pipe under external wall. We were both very happy with him.

PM if you need further details or his mobile

Hi Poster,

Are you regulated by the Financial Regulator to act as an Insurance Loss Assessor?

According to the financial regulator's website, [broken link removed] you are not regulated. I trust you are aware that it is a criminal act to act as an Insurance loss assessor if you are not regulated. I would suggest that if the regulators website is up to date and you are not regulated, that you withdraw your offer to act for the OP, otherwise you may generate a complaint to the financial regulator.

Regards

Claimsman

Re: Burst pipes under concrete floor: How to find reputable loss assessor in Dublin a

OP, you should deal with a fully regulated professional assessor as pointed out by claimsman.

Im closing this thread for consideration by moderators as Im concerned about avertising.

Some posts which were blatant advertising have been deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back