Burlington Hotel, Dublin

dino

Hi,
I'm off to Dublin to see Bruce Springsteen on Friday. I was looking for accommodation and came across the newly reopened Burlington Hotel. It's being run by the Great Southern Group and has been renovated and modernised. Hotel rooms are fairly scarce in Dublin for this weekend.
Has anyone stayed there? Is it any good?

Hey Dino,

I heard it was reopening but as it is so close to the RDS it would be book out fairly quickly. If you check out www.hotelsinone.ie you might find some last minute availability

Good Luck

Ned

Last edited:
I thought the Great Southern Group was sold off by CIE? Is there such a group after restarting?

There are still rooms available. Just wondering if it's a nice hotel to bring the mrs and if it's worth the extra few quid for the executive room.

The Great Southern Hotels we are sold off individually. The brand name Great Southern Hotels was also sold off! So whoever purchased it has not put the badge over the Burlington hotel. I know the old Burlington had excellent rooms, facilities and service. I would imagine if they have reopened that they would want to achieve the same! Did you check out trip advisor?

Ned

My only negative comment really is the doors are very thin so if the corridoor is in anyway noisy it's like it's happening in your room!

I stayed there a few weeks ago on it's opening weekend. They've changed the ground floor, new bar, bathrooms etc.. but that it. Everything else is exactly the same. All the corridors upstairs and the bedrooms are completely unchanged (and corridors could definately do with a revamp). The bath robes in the rooms still have the Jurys Doyle hotel group symbol on them!!!

I stayed there a few weeks ago too. My Dublin friend booked me in cause they have an early opening offer. I can't remember now but I think it was 140 or 145 for B&B. I liked it a lot. It's very close to the city centre so that's why I picked it too...

Back