Bulgaria-Sunny Beach & Pomorie

Miacas

Did you not enjoy your stay there as you were prepared to buy ?

The place must not have given you a bad impression as you were prepared to buy.

It appears you liked the place enough before discovering this site ?

This report might be useful:

My summary of sofia would be:

Negative:
- supply of 1/2 bed apartments still exceeding demand
- rental still very low (ignore the agents who tell you that you'd get 800 euro per month for a 2 bed, you'd be very luck to get half of that)
- it will be a long time before normal workers will be able to afford the apartments that are being built.

Positive:

- Lots of investment going in to sofia, major shopping malls, lots of new foreign companies e.g. a lithuanian company announced a 500 million euro shopping complex the other day
- Prices are very low compared to capital cities in places like poland
- Labour is very very cheap and corporation tax was recently reduced to 10%.

Thanks for the link. I was considering purchasing an apartment in a development beside the Kempinski-Zografski hotel Sofia through the Address group. Have you heard of them?

Yes, Address are the largest estate agent in Bulgaria. I have bought through Address and didn't have any problems. Also because they are throughout bulgaria they can't really have double pricing.

I checked on line and it claims that this hotel is in Lozentz. Lozenetz is pretty central and is considered a good area.

Also....

www.address.bg - This is where you will find the developments they are selling in sofia and it will give you an idea of prices.

A lot of the apartments will be sold with a bulgarian finish so you need to ask this. A bulgarian finish means you are buying the shell - not painted, no bathrooms, no flooring, no kitchen.

Also you should find out who is the builder and what they have built before. Quality of build varies a lot.

Finally you should check to see if they are putting the real price or tax estimation price on the notary deed. The lower price (tax estimation price) means that when you sell you may be stung for more tax.

Back