Home Building valuation for insurance

P

peelaaa

My house was insured for 283K for rebuild costs last year, what would it be now considering all the articles written about rebuild costs dropping significantly. Is there an online calculation or is it just a matter of deducting a percentage from previous amount?

My house was insured for 283K for rebuild costs last year, what would it be now considering all the articles written about rebuild costs dropping significantly. Is there an online calculation or is it just a matter of deducting a percentage from previous amount?

The society of chartered surveyors website has details on rebuilding rates for insurance purposes...check out www.scs.ie go to publications and you will find it there

The society of chartered surveyors website has details on rebuilding rates for insurance purposes...check out www.scs.ie go to publications and you will find it there

Thanks, I checked it but my house is in meath, and they only have figures for dublin, limerick, galway, cork and one other. Which one would meath be closest to do you think?

Just be careful if you have a mortgage, the lender may not allow you to reduce the insurance cover to a level below what is on the valuation that was used to drawdown the mortgage. You may need to supply the lender with a new valuation with the lower rebuild cost on it.

Back