Builder Changed the adjacent House Model - Do I have any options open?

ChunkyLover

Builder has changed the house model of the adjacent home in a group of terreced houses.

I bought my home off plans and the adjacent house according to the brochure is Type J2 and now I moved in and I found the type of my neighbours house is J instead of J2.

This has helped my neighbour to get a bigger garden than mine.

Is there anything I can do? not sure if I want to ....

Regards
Chunky ...

dont think there is any comeback, is there any issue with your neighbour new house type moving in on what would have been your land or is it just that they are getting a bigger garden that is your issue. What is the problem with your neighbour getting a bigger garden ?

As I said, builders can chop and change designs, and as long as it doesn't impact on their planning then no real comeback for the purchaser. Check if he required planning for the change in house type.

I have no problem in my neighbours getting bigger garden, don't get me wrong :))

The issue is, because the type was changed it has effected my garden size , which was shrunk by a portion.

Nope, I haven't asked my Solicitors yet, does it make any difference.

Thanks
Chunky ...

The issue is, because the type was changed it has effected my garden size , which was shrunk by a portion.

Nope, I haven't asked my Solicitors yet, does it make any difference.
Your solicitor is best placed to give you legal advice on this issue. If the change affected the property/plot/site that you were buying and could render any plans containined in the legal documentation redundant then it is certainly something that you should be discussing with your solicitor and, if necessary, through him/her with the vendor.

Back