BRIC funds? ( Brazil, Russia, India and China )

thomsk

Has anyone invested in one of these funds? Am researching at the moment. Mainly because it would cover investment in russia, which I view as a country with potential at being a good long term player.What do others think about russia as a country to invest in?

Am about to invest a bit in a BRIC fund with Allianz. They are performing well, it seems - and can hedge risk of russia(30%) against the other 3 countries. I reckon Russia is one country that often doesn't get a mention.Most seems to be about china, but the good times are subsiding ther i think.

i got into china funds recently but I think things are slowing down for the time being anyway and im thinking of pulling out

I was thinking things may be slowing down for the china funds- thats why i was looking at funds that cover it in moderation, but with a "chunk"of russia, brazil, and india thrown in for good measure.
I am aware of the emerging countries funds,but some really are just emerging, and i was looking for countries with sustanance over a long term.
The baltic countries are now looking a bit shaky now, for example.

Back