Boru Croi Beag Stoves.

Effie

Just heard of this new firm making Stoves here in Co Tipp on RTE yesterday and wondered if anyone has one ? I had a look at it's website last night and their products look as good as the UK made Esse range.( borustoves.ie)

It would be lovely to support a good home grown product in these recessionary times but before I go spending lots of money, any feedback re these new stoves would be much appreciated.

Re: Irish made Boru Stoves anyone?

My sister got a small 6k.w. Boru fitted in April she bought it somewhere in West Meath she swears by it She says the glass stays spotless clean i dont think it was mad money

Thanks Moonshine .

I'm thinking of getting one of their boiler models but I am hoping someone can give me some feedback on just how good they are. No one in Dublin that I know of has one , guess thats because they are so new to the market

I am also thinking of getting a stove and I would like to support an Irish company of their products were up to scratch so if anyone has experience of them would be great to hear how they got on.

Thanks

Christy

got waterford stanley stove 6 years ago. best thing ever. could not fault it

i rang them in tipperary and the guy said that there is a 10 year warranty on the stoves and a 6 year on the boilers they cant be bad and he said he would give me that in writing

Effie,
Am investigating stoves too for a new house. Saw Boru stoves in a shop in Galway this week and they look nice and slimline. Salewoman said they were very efficient too and the price is reasonable. I know this is not the same as someone having one installed!
Thinking of an inset stove myself for the new house, trying to keep everything modern. Seem to be far more efficient than others.
Anyone got advice on inset stoves? Do not want backboiler.
Rawrecruit

This is great! 100% Irish and seems to work perfectly.
Can I find it in England? I live in Birmingham

Hi Rawrecruit the Boru inset seems to be a good model still waiting on feedback but the guys making them have been in the retail stove business a long time so know their onions. Other good models are stovax riva but expensive and esse 350 depends on how much heat you want to the room really. Esse protrudes out about3-4" from the opening but have a big glass viweing area of the fire where as some of the others are slimline/flush but have a smaller glass area.

I am also thinking of getting a stove and I would like to support an Irish company of their products were up to scratch so if anyone has experience of them would be great to hear how they got on.

Thanks

Christy

Are Waterford Stanley Stoves made in ireland or are they imported ? There are a lot of cheap brands on the market at present that are imported from China and the quality of the cast iron looks poor. I would like to see a spec sheet for the Boru stoves to check efficiency figures etc. Their website gives little information.

Saw the Boru in Ecostoves Dunboyne last week, didn't think much of the grate it looks very thin, salesman reckons parts would not be a problem because they are made in Ireland, still trying to decide between the Fiachra and Hunter Herald 5 both cost the same to install.

Thanks for the feedback folks. I heard great reports about the Waterford Stanley stove but none were suitable for my fairly new fireplace as the space was too small. 16" wide by 22" tall. The Fiachra Inset might work so I'm going to make enquiries. Hope it does - will stop all that heat going up the chimney when central heating is on.

Just rang our customer yesterday regarding the fiachra insert very happy with it heat wise and we will be out ot take a picture of it shortly. Only time will tell of long term durability etc but all seems good so far and all parts should be easily replacable.

Hi Peter, Dermot here from Boru Stoves, All grates are 100% made in Ireland. The reason we did this was for quality control and from past experience of imported grates cracking. I would say that the grates we are using are one of the highest quality grates on the market.

does anyone know where there is a dealer in NI for Boru stoves?

Thanks for the feedback folks. I heard great reports about the Waterford Stanley stove but none were suitable for my fairly new fireplace as the space was too small. 16" wide by 22" tall. The Fiachra Inset might work so I'm going to make enquiries. Hope it does - will stop all that heat going up the chimney when central heating is on.

Got the Fiachra inset stove installed at last. King fireplaces in Athy did it and I was very impressed with them. As regards the stove I was concerned that it mightn't work as well as the free standing versions. Nothing to worry about - loads of heat and a really nice flame. Will definitely be lighting a lot more fires this winter. As 'fmc' says, only time will tell regarding durability.

Anyone got a ballpark figure for one of these stoves, smallish, as little space as possible, price for the stove and installation?

Anyone got a ballpark figure for one of these stoves, smallish, as little space as possible, price for the stove and installation?

The Fiachra inset stove fits into a standard opening. Costs about 900euro not inc' fitting. The inset stove requires the removal and refitting of the fireplace. Fitting price depends on work required to do it and to connect it to your chimney.

just wondering if anyone can give feedback on how their boru stove is doin?? im thinking of getting the boru carraig mor 20kw with log stand and have my heart set on it but now i have been told if something happens 2 yrs down the line i may not be able to get parts has anyone had any problems??? do i go with my head r my heart here?? my head is sayin no but my heart is saying go for it.... help :(

We got a boru stove 900i inset in spring. Just started using it in past week.
Burning turf mainly. No back boiler.
I have to say the heat from it is fantastic. And it looks brilliant - really nice flame and the glass stays very clear. I also have a stanley stove in the kitchen and have to scrape the glass daily to avoid build up and it takes some elbow grease, meanwhile my boru just needs a gentle wipe with 1 wet section of kitchen roll and hey presto completely clean and clear.
My Stanley has a back boiler so the heat in the room is a lot less and we tended to race for the seat closest to the stove while sitting in the kitchen, with the boru you can comfortably sit on the other side of the room(smaller than kitchen) and it's nice and toasty.
There's a 10 year guarantee also and they are based in Ireland.
We got ours in o rourkes? in glasson, Westmeath. They have one in store which was lit on the day we were there so good to see and feel heat output. We also got our fireplace there so all was installed together.
Only one negative - we have a whistling wind coming from ours, no noise whatsoever from the Stanley. It drives my husband mad, I don't notice so much. He thinks it's related to seals and vents....he just emailed boru in follow up. So we'll wait and see what cone back we get on this. In spite of this, we are very happy and cozy!
Hope this helps. I know it's a different model from what other people are looking at but still boru.

Hope this helps

Back