borrowing money, and leaving country...

paperclip

...but paying off the loan of course.

basicly, i'd like to head off traveling, the time is right, but i just don't have enough money saved.

could i borrow, say 10k, have enough money in my account to cover the monthly payments each month. say 3k or 4k in my account.

is this a case of yes, i can do this no problem, but you're not supposed to?

i'd much prefer to go soon rather than having to wait for over a year to save.

People borrow for holidays all the time - I don't see why you will have a problem borrowing for an extended holiday if you can show the bank that you will definitely be returning eg to a permanent job here, your home and/ or your family here etc. You won't get the dosh in the first place unless you fulfill the fairly standard lending criteria for term loans.

People borrow for holidays all the time - I don't see why you will have a problem borrowing for an extended holiday if you can show the bank that you will definitely be returning eg to a permanent job here, your home and/ or your family here etc. You won't get the dosh in the first place unless you fulfill the fairly standard lending criteria for term loans.

right, so the best way is to be honest and up front with them?

right, so the best way is to be honest and up front with them?

Eh, if you're returning to a guaranteed job, yes. I'd be wary of telling them you're chucking in your current job and you'll just have to see what happens after that.

my father always said to me, if you cannot put your hand in your pocket and pay for it you cannot afford it, wise words i always adhered to excepting property

Back