"BoI, AIB deposits rebound since last week"

Brendan Burgess

Founder
according to Michael Noonan, as reported in [broken link removed]
Bank of Ireland and AIB, Ireland's two biggest banks, saw their deposits rebound "significantly" after the government's stress tests last week, Minister for Finance Michael Noonan said
So in three days, Friday, Monday and Tuesday, the deposits have rebounded by a unspecified amount.

Anyone here transfer their money from Rabo and Nationwide UK back to AIB and Bank of Ireland?

I think one should wait until a pattern of stability has emerged. as the proverb said "one swallow does not make a summer". Let us hope funds will eventually return and stay here.

amount of deposits being withdrawn from the main banks has been 'very significantly' reduced.

I read this to mean deposits are still running out of the Irish banks, but over the last few days it has been slower in 2 of our banks.

Far from any reassurance.

I think Noonan is buttering us up for the year end accounts from AIB & BoI which are going to show the full extent of the deposit flight that started in these banks 2010.

That is some difference.

Finance Minister Michael Noonan says the amount of deposits being withdrawn from the main banks has been 'very significantly' reduced.
[/QUOTE]

Because they're all gone! The only deposits going from now one are probably what people are putting away every month.

this is the same mr. noonan who has recently invested in german government bonds and New York stock exchange investments according to Sunday Indo....did not mention many Irish investments.....i'd wonder how many irish deposits he has himself!

this is the same mr. noonan who has recently invested in german government bonds and New York stock exchange investments according to Sunday Indo....did not mention many Irish investments.....i'd wonder how many irish deposits he has himself!

Did it say that he invested recently? I don't recall that bit.

The returns are for 2010 so they are at least three months old.

Brendan

fair point brendan, although 2010 is hardly in the distant past, at least its not since he took power, though he did get to see the books last november if you recall...either way if he has confidence in his own ability we should see a reversal to these investment locations in next years disclosures!!

Back