Blanchardstown to Central Park, Leopardstown

mickeyg

I have been offered a contract in Central Park and currently live in Blanchardstown. What are the best commuting options?? Ideally i would like public transport but that probably involves going through town. Would like to avoid having to drive, if possible.
Otherwise are there reasonable options regarding accommodation around Leopardstwon??

Thanks

Public Transport will definitely involve going through town, put your exact details into www.a-b.ie to check your options. You're probably looking at a 90 minute journey each way though. Cycling would be tough and be more than an hour, would a scooter or motorbike be an option? Less likely to be as affected by traffic.

It will definitely involve public transport through the city centre. Most likely a bus to town (39/A) and then the Luas out (Green line obv). A taxsaver bus+Luas ticket would be the way to go. Cycling would be a long, hard slog (don't forget it is uphill all the way from the city to Sandyford). Looking at the Transport for Ireland website and setting an arrival time of 8:45, the quickest journey it returns is 1hr 9 minutes from Blanchardstown Shopping Centre to Central Park. Using Dublinbikes through the city centre might shave something off that.

there used to be a shuttle bus running from Central Park to town, not sure if it still does. Driving can be a lottery with the M50, some mornings it is fine, some it's a car park. + you will get tolled daily

Central Park is on the Green line for the Luas so in terms of renting, you've options along that line, including out to Cherrywood.

Hate to say it but I'd either drive or move but parking can be an issue there as well, check with your employer first

Back