Best Value Plasma at moment

mickpyrmont

Anyone pay or see any particularly good deals lately for a 37" flat screen (i.e dont mind LCD or Plasma)

LCD & Plasmas are improving their technologies all the time. To make your purchase as future proof as possible, make sure it's a "Full HD" set, as opposed to "HD Ready". Google the terms if you have not come across them already. Also, newer LCD sets have 100hz processing power, which promises better image quality in fast moving broadcasts (especially sport). To answer your question, Pioneer and Panasonic are the probably best Plasma manufacturers. Panasonic, Sony, Samsung and Toshiba would be considered the best LCD manufacturers. Take your time before making your choice. Get the model number of any potential purchase and check out the many review sites on the net.

thanks Gebbel, I will be using it to watch sports so will look out for 100hz

Tesco - 25% off this week-end only

Sounds good, had a look on their site and there are no TV's advertised, are they on line or will i have to just go to one of their big flagship stores

I don't buy the "future proof" argument. Firstly there's some debate as to how close you have to be to the TV to notice the full HD. More importantly most content is still standard definition & I haven't seen anything yet as to when they plan to convert (& what format 720p, 1080i etc.). If you plan to subscribe to Sky HD, buy a Bluray player or have an Xbox 360/playstation 3, then maybe worth considering.

Back