Best Value Credit Card for Me

guest1

hi,

Ok first off, i'm posting this here cos i couldn't post in the Financial best Buys forum (maybe the moderator could move it) so here goes....

I wondering which credit card you think would be the best for me given the following criteria.

- i earn €25k+
- i'll be able to pay my bill on time every month

I was thinking Plastic from RBOS. Seems like a good deal overall.

Alot of companies seem to charge no interest if purchases are paid for within 56 days. I'm a little confused over this. Surely they have to make money some way. Wheres the catch?

Also which way do you think is the best way to pay the bill?

DDebit seems handy but i've heard of trouble trying to cancel them and it could be dangerous in a dispute situation.

- i'll be able to pay my bill on time every month

I was thinking Plastic from RBOS. Seems like a good deal overall.
If you are clearing your bill each month then any card should do since the interest rate charged will be academic to you. Why do you think that the RBOS one is better than others?
Alot of companies seem to charge no interest if purchases are paid for within 56 days. I'm a little confused over this. Surely they have to make money some way. Wheres the catch?
They make lots of money from all the people who don't clear their bills on time thus incurring interest charges. They may also make money from mechant charges paid by retailers.

If you'll definitely be clearing the card every month then comparing the rates charged isn't too relevant to you. Why don't you go for something like a Tesco Visa, where you earn points on all purchases and you then receive Tesco money vouchers every quarter.

They were also doing a deal where they paid the €40 govt. tax on the card for the first year but not sure if that's still available??

Thanks for the advice guys. I'll take that on board. I was gonna do the whole credit card tart thing but since i'm gonna pay off my bill every month i guess there is no need.

Also which way do you think would be best to pay the bill.

Internet banking may be a good option???? Ddebit may be dangerous in a dispute

I check out Tesco. thanks

Back