Best Student Banking?

M

maireaddb

My son starts College soon. Anyone advise on the best Bank to go with for him, please? I read the 2006 archive. It would be handy if I could send him money online if necessary. (IF??? Well, he IS my firstborn.....)

Ulster Bank are offering a €100 'inducement', plus other bits and bobs (an interest-free €650 overdraft, free foreign exchange and a 10% discount on book purchases from Waterstones). Details [broken link removed].

Bank of Ireland are offering, among other things flight vouchers and nine-month interest-free travel loans up to €2,000. See [broken link removed].

[broken link removed] don't seem to be offering any particular goodies over and above the terms of their 'Freedom' package, which includes an overdraft up to €5,000 with no set-up fee. Yippee... :rolleyes:

I haven't checked out the other banks yet, as I bank with the above three and I'll choose one of them — probably UB — for my own kid's account, simply for ease of transfers and other operations. But online transfers to an account with a different bank from your own shouldn't take more than three working days.

[Edit: I see today's Sunday Times has a piece puffing the UB student package, too. But you read it here first, remember! :D]

Back