Best route to Dublin city centre from Wexford N11

Jack The Lad

Would appreciate some advice from seasoned commuting Dub's.

When I head to Dublin City centre (Stephens Green) I normaly leave the M50 at exit 17 and take the N11 through Stillorgan to Leeson Lower.

Was just wondering if I should continue on up the M50 and exit someplace further, maybe the Templeogue Road? I would not be travelling at peak traffic.

I usually park in the Royal Surgeons car park, but it there's an awful one-way system to get back to the N11. Any suggestions for better parking, or better route out?

Feel free to slag me for being the culchie I am (if you give me some directions first...) ;)

Thanks

Well for one, I would just stay on the N11 all the way, and not take the M50. Stillorgan is not great for traffic (just with the number of traffic lights) no matter when you go.

If you wanted to avoid the whole city centre one way thing you could park in the Luas car park in Sandyford/Stillorgan and get the Luas to Stephens Green.

z

better still - ditch the car near foxrock church and get one of the millions of 46A, 84x etc. into city centre - parking in the estates near to the church is free - just take care not to block any entrances to houses as the locals can get a bit ratty - bus journey from foxrock takes about 25 mins

Thanks Doogo. Nice little nugget of info that.

Have to say... can't blame the locals for getting ratty if their entrance gets blocked by a car!

Back