best (rate) way to convert and send €340,000 to N/Zealand dollars?

Cobra

How would the best (Rate)way to convert and send €340,000 to N/Zealand dollars. Going to take up residency there next year. (providing no problems with paper work). Some way that is not to complicated. as point 01 would make alot of difference on that amount of money.

Re: Currency Question.

Open a bank a/c in n.zealand when you arrive and simply instruct your bank (need to fax authorisation) to transfer your funds. If you have an aib online account you can do it in 5 minutes on the internet. (takes about 5 days)

Chances are you'll get a poor rate doing this.

For that amount, you should get ask for a better rate, shopping around as necessary.

However it's done, I'd agree it'll be a lot easier if you have an a/c already set up in NZ to accept the fuinds.

If you register for a full-time 3rd level course (pick the cheapest you can find) you will not pay comission fees at a bank for changing the money from Euro.

Hi, I presume that you want to wire the euros converted to NZ dollars to NZ. You will probably get a better rate from a wiring agency. We have used Money Corp, based in the UK. XEtrade.com also do it and there are a multitude of others. I would recommend contacting your bank and then a couple of agencies and going with the best. The agencies do not charge a fee and from our experience will be much better than the banks. All the best. Enjoy NZ, my wife is from there.

Check around with the rates & ask your existing bank for the best rate they can offer. For that amount you should be able to get a failry good rate. Do open an a/c over there first, like previous poster said.

You lucky thing.....would love to go & live in NZ myself..... & your € will go so far out there.

Back