Best Plasma TV

D

dmc_garry

Hi
I run a golf competition in the Republic of ireland. I want a 42"Plasma TV as a prize. I can get philips 42pfp5532d from dixon in the uk for £479. But I cannot get it couriered to Ireland for less that £110. Can anyone get me a price for this TV in Ireland that is comparable to at least £550.........or some suggestion as to where to look in the Irish republic.

You can get it delivered for approx €817 from or check out http://www.richersounds.ie where it is £550 you can get cheap(ish) delivery nationwide (£20 for TV's) from richersounds via their boards.ie commercial interaction forum.

The Dixons price comes in nicely under the R&A limit of [broken link removed]. Might be worth considering 32/37" models at a similar price?

Hi
Thank you both for the reply. I can get the philips 42pfp5532d for £479 from Dixons, but they don't have any in stock. I could then get it delivered to enniskillen near the border. I could then get it collected from there. Unfortunately I don't have an address there that I can send it to. I think the best option is to but it from richer sounds in ireland for 550 and they charge 40 for delivery. I can buy it from the uk for less than 500 but the cost to ship to ireland is prohibitive. Thanks for you help.

Regarding Richersounds, As I mentioned check their commercial forum on boards.ie as I believe TV delivery can be discounted by them to £20.

I recall a friend of mine having issues using a TV purchased in England when he returned home to Ireland in the 80's (obviously a CRT TV), he eventually had to get an adapter of sorts to get it to work.

Will the LCD/Plasma TV's purchased in the UK work just as well in Ireland or are there potential issues?

Thanks.

Hi
I run a golf competition in the Republic of ireland. I want a 42"Plasma TV as a prize. I can get philips 42pfp5532d from dixon in the uk for £479. But I cannot get it couriered to Ireland for less that £110. Can anyone get me a price for this TV in Ireland that is comparable to at least £550.........or some suggestion as to where to look in the Irish republic.

I recall a friend of mine having issues using a TV purchased in England when he returned home to Ireland in the 80's (obviously a CRT TV), he eventually had to get an adapter of sorts to get it to work.

Will the LCD/Plasma TV's purchased in the UK work just as well in Ireland or are there potential issues?

Thanks.

That'll be the UHF/VHF tuner issue.

The title on this thread may be a little off anyway, one titled "best plasma TV" shouldn't in my mind include Philips!
Leo

That'll be the UHF/VHF tuner issue.

Indeed - there was a thread on that just last week I think

.....and here it is

The title on this thread may be a little off anyway, one titled "best plasma TV" shouldn't in my mind include Philips!
Leo

I agree - Pioneer PDP Kuro would be what I was thinking - Alliance Electrical have a 42" for €1950 + a free home cinema system. Very tempting.

Back