Best Online Banking?

L

lebide

Apologies if this is dealt with elsewhere, had a good look around but just found bits'n'pieces. Am thinking of switching current account. Aside from the given objectives of free banking and best interest rate, ease of online use would be my main criteria as I would like to do everything online.

Which bank has the best internet banking?
e.g.

• general ease of use
  • ease of setting up new payees,
  • ability to view credit card transactions online (assuming credit card is with same bank for ease of use),
  • ability to transfer money to/from credit card online,
  • ability to view and transfer money to other accounts (e.g. savings),
  • other nice-to-haves like text alerts,
  • etc?
Thanks!

Hi Lebide

national irish bank are pretty good IMHO.. you get all of what you mentioned plus the option to buy and sell shares ( for a small fee!)

I have accounts with AIB, BOI and NIB and in my view AIB's online banking service is by far the best.

Would totally agree with John Rambo!! :D
AIB on line banking is top class

Yep agree with above.
I have Halifax and AIB online banking.
I have also used BOI and PTSB and AIB are by far the best

I assume you mean 'to' only ? Does any bank allow you to draw money 'from' your credit card to another account ?
Not sure if they still do (as I don't have an AIB cc any more) but when I did, you could transfer money from your AIB cc to another AIB a/c. Very dangerous/tempting alright.

I assume you mean 'to' only ? Does any bank allow you to draw money 'from' your credit card to another account ?

Yes AIB certainly do anyway.

I have AIB and UB online banking.As said above AIB is great, constantly improving. Havent been on the UB site in about a year, it was very dull and not as easy to natigate.

AIB without a doubt. Streets ahead of the others I've used (BoI, TSB, Anglo, First Active).

I've used AIB, BOI, UB and even a Credit Union online facility and I have to admit that AIB has the easiest to use of all of them. I could point out a few things I'm not in love with but compared to the others I would be nit-picking.

Lebide

I have online banking with the following

AIB , BOI , PTSB & I find the Tsb to be by far the best . But its like everything self preference

Regards , Dee

In my experience, NIB and AIB are the best (I prefer NIB as it has the most functionality and I can do everyting I want without needing to call the bank).
Ulster are rubbish. BOI are mediocre. Have not used PTSB but from what I hear they are better than BOI but not as good as NIB & AIB.

I have to say, I'm quite happy with my UB Online banking, they have a new look site and I can access my current account, e-savings, credit card and loan account.

If you want to compare checking accounts, it might be useful to look at CheckingFinder (www.checkingfinder.com). You can type in your zip code to research and compare rates of high yield checking accounts in your area - you can also do online banking. If you find an account that suits you, you can open it for free. Check out the best rates on short term deposits at select community banks, and compare their requirements. All of the community banks listed below accept applications nationwide.

Hope that helps.

Emily (www.checkingfinder.com)

If you want to compare checking accounts, it might be useful to look at CheckingFinder (). You can type in your zip code to research and compare rates of high yield checking accounts in your area - you can also do online banking. If you find an account that suits you, you can open it for free. Check out the best rates on short term deposits at select community banks, and compare their requirements. All of the community banks listed below accept applications nationwide.

Hope that helps.

Emily (www.checkingfinder.com)

- This is Ireland we live in!

Whoops I'm sorry, that definitely was no help then. Just joined this site and didn't realize it was only based in Ireland! Hopefully the other posts helped you out then.

Back