Best loan rates?

N

ncit9933

Hi which Irish lending insitute offers the best rates for a loan <€5000?

A mortgage top-up scheduled for repayment over the same term as a comparable unsecured personal loan would probably be the cheapest form of credit assuming any charges that might apply don't inflate the cost.

How many time are you allowed to do a mortgage top up?

Is it not just a one off chance?

ncit9933 said:
How many time are you allowed to do a mortgage top up?

Is it not just a one off chance?
No - depends on many factors not least of all the amount of equity you own in your property for example. Note that it's generally advised that one use a mortgage top-up/loan consolidation as a once off opportunity for rectifying debts/finance problems and that you schedule consolidated loan top-ups over a similar term to the original unsecured loans rather than paying them over the full term of the original mortgage.

bambino said:
AIB have excellent offering at the mo' on personal loans.

Only for loans over €25,000. Their other rates are not as competitive as other lenders. If you are borrowing that much, a mortgage top-up repaid over a short term makes more sense.

Thanks Guys.

Think I'm just to go for BOI and clear it off as fast as I can.
I looking to borrow €5000 and I've already got an account with them.

What do the credit unions charge

ncit9933 said:
I looking to borrow €5000 and I've already got an account with them.
Just because you bank with them is no reason to borrow from them. You should shop around for the best deal/rate.
What do the credit unions charge
It varies from CU to CU and the rates they quote won't include the cost of having to keep money in shares/on deposit while borrowing.

Back