Best interest rates for circa €600 per month

carina

Hi guys,
I have never really "saved" before.
Have always been a pay cheque to pay cheque kinda girl however, that is all set to change.
I have just gotten a promotion in work (raise of €5k) and am starting some casual restaurant work in evenings and at weekends.
I was going put all the extra money into the credit union but a friend has told me that the interest rates aren't any good.
I really don't know anything about this but want to get the most out of my money. I will save some in credit union for convenience but would like to save about €600-700 in a proper savings account also.
Any advice??

Firstly, I suggest you read the 3 threads that are here as part of the savings best buys.

There are 2 main options ...

1) A regular saver account.

If you want to save for more than 12/15 months then this might be the best regular saver option. Watch the interest rate carefully and be prepared to remove your cash if the rate drops ...

Permanent TSB: 21 Day Regular Saver
3.75% up to €50,000.99
Note 1: Maximum €1,000 per month, to a total of €50,000.99.
Note 2: 21 days notice required for withdrawals.
Note 3: Interest paid yearly on November 20th.
Note 4: If less than 21 days notice is given, an interest charge of 0.0103% applies per day of notice not given.

2) An instant access account

You will need 2,000 EUR to open this account ...

Nationwide UK (Ireland): Easy Access Savings Account (Discuss)
3.15% on €2,000 minimum to €2,000,000 maximum.
Note 1: Instant access.
Note 2: NB: Interest is reduced if more than 6 withdrawals are made a year (Apr-Mar).
Deposit Protection: UK Financial Services Compensation Scheme

Back