Best (i.e. with lowest charges) self-directed Buy Out Bond?

rr3046, you can get a Davy Select Buy Out Bond for 0.75% p.a. cost including a 0.5% p.a. contribution to advice services/fees and all you pay on top of that is fund charges between 0.15% and 1.45%. You can also deal in shares, bonds and etf's but dealing charges will apply. to get the 0.5% contribution to advice fees requires you to set it up via an independent intermediary with a Davy Select agency. If you just do it via their self-invest option Davy keep the full 0.75% p.a.

Hope this helps. Regards Michael

rr3046, you can also get great deals for larger transfer amounts including up to 105% allocation before commission but the annual charges including all costs at 1% plus depending on the fund. When I say all costs I am not covering internal fund charges which are not declared. There are exit charges on such plans as well usually in the first 5 years.

Regards Michael

rr3046, one point of clarification. The above Davy Select deal on Buy Out Bonds has 23% VAT added to the 0.75% wrapper cost. Thsi makes the effective annual cost 0.9225% including VAT. You add the annual fund cost of dealing costs to that. Sorry for the omission.

Regards Michael

Hi Michael, for a davy select PRSA, VAT appears to be included in the .75%
It seems strange that they would include the VAT in the .75% for the PRSA and not for the buy out bond?

spc100, the Davy Select VAT issue may be changing soon. i will post when it is confirmed. Regards Michael

Back