Best Euro Mutual Fund / ETF

D

Dean

Was looking to invest in a low cost, broad based Euro Mutual Fund or ETF. Does anybody have recommendations on any well managed funds out there?

One thing you should keep in mind, if you want to invest in purely euro-denominated equities, is a lot of ‘European’ ETFs have considerable exposure to UK equities, i.e. they are geographically European but not exclusively Eurozone. This may be fine if you’ve no exposure to foreign developed market (e.g. UK) equities, but if you invest in a ‘European’ ETF such as the Eurofirst100 (IEUT.L) you’ll be 41% invested in UK, i.e. in GBP-denominated equities. So if you already have investments in the FTSE100 you are just doubling up on your GBP investments and not getting all the EUR diversification you think you need. If you go, e.g. to the iShares, Lyxor or dbxtrackers web sites you can see what ETFs are available.

Very interesting. How would you ensure or try to ensure greater transparency of diversification? I am hoping to buy EU indices but I don't want to doubble up. I was thinking of buying Eurostoxx50, FTSE +....+ DAX? ???

Very interesting. How would you ensure or try to ensure greater transparency of diversification? I am hoping to buy EU indices but I don't want to doubble up. I was thinking of buying Eurostoxx50, FTSE +....+ DAX? ???

Here is a link to the iShare FTSEurofirst ETF which excludes UK stocks.

[broken link removed]

Hope that helps.

Rory Gillen

Thanks for the above. I am really ignorant of mutual funds / ETF. I have approx. E25,000 to invest which I do not need for at least 5 years so I can be aggressive. I am just looking for a place to let it sit and earn a reasonable return.

I saw a link above to an ishares website. Does this company have a good reputation?

What would you say are the top five ETFs out there at the moment investing in a broad range of EURO CURRENCY ONLY stocks?

Thanks for your assistance

Thanks for the above. I am really ignorant of mutual funds / ETF. I have approx. E25,000 to invest which I do not need for at least 5 years so I can be aggressive. I am just looking for a place to let it sit and earn a reasonable return.

I saw a link above to an ishares website. Does this company have a good reputation?

What would you say are the top five ETFs out there at the moment investing in a broad range of EURO CURRENCY ONLY stocks?

Thanks for your assistance

iShares is the name of an ETF series (a brand if you like). If you buy an ETF (exchange traded fund) you are buying a fund and the issuer of that fund, in this case Blackrock, is not relevant as you have no exposure to Blackrock but to a stand alone fund. You will find many other European focused ETFs on the iShares website www.ishares.co.uk

Rory Gillen

Was looking to invest in a low cost, broad based Euro Mutual Fund or ETF. Does anybody have recommendations on any well managed funds out there?

Hi Dean,

Take a look at the Quinn Freeway funds, it might be of interest.

Back